St. John Bosco names new vice principal of academic affairs
St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower has named Dr. Christian De Larkin as its new vice principal of academic affairs. He will serve as a member of the school’s administrative team in numerous capacities, including directing activities and programs in instructional services; curriculum, instruction, and assessment development; counseling and guidance, and more.
A native Angeleno, De Larkin grew up witnessing his father’s career in education, and was inspired to follow in his professional footsteps. At Loyola Marymount University, he earned bachelor’s degrees in psychology and Spanish, a master’s in secondary education, and a doctorate in educational leadership for social justice.
He most recently served as principal of Junípero Serra High School in Gardena. De Larkin, who is taking over for Dr. Jesse Rodriguez, said he is looking forward to continuing his passion for instructional leadership at St. John Bosco.
“While Dr. Rodriguez will certainly be missed, we are blessed to have someone the caliber of Dr. De Larkin to ensure the rigor and continued growth of our academic programs,” said Casey Yeazel, principal of St. John Bosco.
More from this section:
- Ash Wednesday blessing at pro-life office, Holy Innocents Church
- Knights honor 10th grader for religious liberty essay
- St. Anthony seniors among top 10 in international student film competition
- St. Mary Medical Center partners with Long Beach schools to promote weeklong ‘Kindness Challenge’
- Raising funds for the St. James community