Mary & Joseph Center offering diverse multi-day summer retreats
This summer the Mary & Joseph Retreat Center in Rancho Palos Verdes will present a variety of multi-day summer retreats, including a hands-on opportunity to learn how to create Greek-inspired and Byzantine-style mosaics, and a five-day Ignatian-based guided bilingual retreat.
In “Construction of Ancient Greek Mosaics” (offered June 23-27), participants will learn historical facts about mosaics, and receive hands-on instruction on the steps involved in creating mosaics inspired by the ancient Greek, classical, and the Byzantine eras. All necessary tools will be provided (e.g., cutting tool, forceps, wooden structure, etc.).
“Our Lives: Stories of Grace Written in the Heart of God” (July 6-11) will be a silent bilingual-guided (English and Spanish) retreat, which will include daily conferences, spiritual direction and Eucharist, and optional evening offerings. The retreat will focus on how God has been present, active and offering opportunities for grace in our lives.
Mary & Joseph Retreat Center is located at 5300 Crest Rd., Rancho Palos Verdes. For information or registration, call Irma Manley at (310) 377-4867, ext. 234, or visit www.maryjoseph.org.
More from this section:
- Marymount CA University to dedicate new Center for the Arts March 5
- St. John Bosco Bicentenary Symphony Concert
- St. Mary Medical Center receives verification from American College of Surgeons’ Trauma Committee
- Mary & Joseph Retreat Center to offer several upcoming day retreats
- St. Anthony of Padua School vice principal and former Miss America publishes faith-based memoir