Taste of Diamond Bar set at St. Denis
The courtyard at St. Denis Church will be transformed into a community restaurant night on Aug. 16 for the annual Taste of Diamond Bar event. Now in its seventh year held on the church grounds, the sample and munch experience welcomes about 400 hungry participants who browse among the 30 local vendors and restaurants.
“It’s a form of evangelization,” says Renita Llyod-Smith, director of stewardship and development for the parish. “It’s a way for people who aren’t parishioners to get a glimpse of who we are. Plus, it’s a great way to fellowship with neighbors and families coming together. We have it start right after 5:30 Mass and many of our parishioners make a night of it.”
In addition to the food offerings, the evening under the stars will also feature music and other entertainment.
The Taste of Diamond Bar is scheduled 6:30-9 p.m. on Aug. 16. Tickets are $15 adult, $8 children 6-12, and ages 5 and younger are free. For more information, contact the parish, (909) 861-7106.
More from this section:
- Los Angeles Catholics to build Habitat for Humanity home
- Don Bosco Tech band earns highest honors at music festival
- Sister Nancy Jo Uhl makes her final vows
- St. Louise de Marillac Church to host Respect for Life conference
- San Gabriel Mission High School wins Horizon League championship in soccer, advances to CIF Playoffs