CYO honors coach Davies
Receiving the first ever “CYO Coach Randy Davies Award” was none other than St. Rita School’s longtime athletic director Randy Davies, who was surprised and honored that the CYO annual Director’s Award would now be named after him.
At the recent ceremony, CYO director James McGoldrick explained that Davies has inspired CYO by his leadership, embodiment of CYO values and guidance throughout his 43 years with the Sierra Madre school. By naming the lifetime achievement award after “Coach Randy,” McGoldrick hopes to encourage other athletic leaders to continue the tradition of excellence in sportsmanship.
Davies serves on the board of CYO in addition to his duties as head coach at St. Rita. Many of Coach Randy’s former athletes were on hand to honor him (some whose children have attended or currently attend St. Rita School).
More from this section:
- Vujicic to students: ‘You’re all beautiful just the way that you are’
- Lula Washington Dance Theatre performs at Ramona Convent
- All Souls alumni lunch with Bishop O’Connell
- Fuller Theological Seminary to host 2016 Ecumenical Prayer Service Jan. 24
- Ramona Convent School welcomes peace and justice activist Linda Biehl