Community fair and swap meet set at Resurrection School
Resurrection School will host its first Swap Meet and Community Fair Event on July 19, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. offering parishioners information, shopping, music and family fun.
“We have never offered a community fair before to our parishioners but we have done a swap meet every once in a while,” said principal Angelica Figueroa of the Boyle Heights school. “The purpose of the community fair is to let people know about the various services and resources that are out there. Here’s where they can ask questions and get help.”
The school has partnered with 15 community based organizations in the areas of education, social services, healthcare and workforce development.
In addition, parishioners will sell and swap their gently used items; sellers paid a fee for a spot with money going to the school as a fundraiser. “We are raising money for our technology program, and we want an i-Pad for every student,” explained Figueroa.
The event, she added, is also a way to introduce neighbors to the benefits of a Catholic education, especially for those who are looking to enroll their children. “The school has recently been accredited through WASC and we are excited about our academic program. We want people in the area to know that Catholic education is an excellent option for them.”
Resurrection School is located at 3360 Opal Street L.A. For more information, call (323) 261-5750.
More from this section:
- Bosco Tech senior to perform in 2016 Tournament of Roses Honor Band
- Bosco Tech graduate places in America’s Cup of rocket science
- St. Lucy’s Priory High School celebrates 51st annual “Home for the Holidays” Christmas boutique
- Chelsea Clinton inspires students at San Gabriel Mission High School
- Fletcher Jones Foundation awards $250,000 to Bosco Tech for emerging technologies