Catholic Hispanic Ministry Symposium held in Sierra Madre
Archbishop José Gomez presided at the closing Mass of the 2014 National Symposium of Catholic Hispanic Ministry, hosted by Loyola Marymount University and held at Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center in Sierra Madre.
The three-day Symposium at Mater Dolorosa united seven universities, as well as ministries, publishers and Latino Catholic leaders "to write another chapter in the history of the Latino Catholic Church in the U.S. with our thoughtful work and passionate engagement."
The participants traveled to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles from throughout California, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Washington, Oregon, Illinois and Indiana to discuss Hispanic Ministry topics including education, immigration, and new and old media.
More from this section:
- Vujicic to students: ‘You’re all beautiful just the way that you are’
- Lula Washington Dance Theatre performs at Ramona Convent
- All Souls alumni lunch with Bishop O’Connell
- Fuller Theological Seminary to host 2016 Ecumenical Prayer Service Jan. 24
- Ramona Convent School welcomes peace and justice activist Linda Biehl