St. Mary Eagle Scout candidate gives back to parish, school
Michael Loria, a 2013 graduate of St. Mary School, Palmdale, made the school and St. Mary Church the beneficiary of his Boy Scout Eagle service project. Part of his project was to build a trophy display case for the school and church conference center, a project that was celebrated June 28.
The pre-fab display case — located in the Fr. Rowe Conference Center that is used by the school and all parish ministries — was assembled by Michael with the help of his parents and his Troop 283, within a six-hour time frame.
The 14-year-old Life Scout (and sophomore at Paraclete High School) currently is working on his Eagle Scout rank, for which he must now complete and submit his paperwork to be ready for his Eagle Board of Review.
More from this section:
- Holy Cross Medical Center hosts Big Kids & Baby Siblings class and tour
- St. Finbar presents annual Santo Niño celebration
- St. Joseph Medical Center to present Infant Safety & CPR class
- St. John Baptist de la Salle Church to host prayer for Rite of Election
- Bishop Brennan returns ‘home’ to serve in San Fernando Pastoral Region