Providence HS alumna named principal
Allison Castro, alumna of Providence High School in Burbank, will take over as principal of her alma mater this fall. She comes back to Providence having served for the past two years as vice principal of academics at St. Genevieve High School. Prior to that, she had taught freshman college prep English at both St. Genevieve and Providence.
Castro will join current Head of School Joe Sciuto in what has become a new working model for leadership in Catholic schools. He will focus on fundraising and community connections and Castro, with her master’s in teaching from USC, will focus on all administrative aspects of the school from faculty hiring and training to curriculum to student achievement.
“I attribute much of my personal success to the education I received at Providence, and I want to lead in that same mission to develop future students into leaders,” said Castro. “I am really looking forward to working closely with teachers and thinking creatively about teaching and learning.”
More from this section:
- Holy Cross Medical Center hosts Big Kids & Baby Siblings class and tour
- St. Finbar presents annual Santo Niño celebration
- St. Joseph Medical Center to present Infant Safety & CPR class
- St. John Baptist de la Salle Church to host prayer for Rite of Election
- Bishop Brennan returns ‘home’ to serve in San Fernando Pastoral Region