Paraclete HS teacher selected for Supreme Court Summer Institute
Rick McGuire, Paraclete High School civics teacher, will travel to Washington D.C. this month to attend the prestigious Supreme Court Summer Institute, open to teachers in the fields of law-related and civic education.
McGuire is among 60 teachers (and the only Catholic school teacher) selected to attend the Institute, co-sponsored by Street Law, Inc. and the Supreme Court Historical Society.
The Institute offers teachers the opportunity to study recent Supreme Court Cases in detail and learn innovative teaching methodology for conveying this information to students. Teachers will visit the Court to attend decisions and a reception. Upon returning home, teachers will be available to present workshops on the U.S. Supreme Court.
At Paraclete, McGuire also serves as moderator for the Mock Trial team and Lettermen’s Club, and has been head track coach since 2004. He holds a Bachelor of science degree in criminal justice with a minor in economics from Cal State Bakersfield.
More from this section:
- Holy Cross Medical Center hosts Big Kids & Baby Siblings class and tour
- St. Finbar presents annual Santo Niño celebration
- St. Joseph Medical Center to present Infant Safety & CPR class
- St. John Baptist de la Salle Church to host prayer for Rite of Election
- Bishop Brennan returns ‘home’ to serve in San Fernando Pastoral Region