Southern California Divine Mercy Congress set Sept. 13-14
The ninth Southern California Congress of the Divine Mercy will be held on Sept. 13-14 at Christ the King Church, Hollywood.
“The Priest, Minister of Divine Mercy in the Church of Mercy Congress” is the theme of the event, organized by Christ the King under the supervision of Msgr. Paul Montoya, pastor, and the Lay Institute of Divine Mercy. The parish houses a special chapel with the Icon of Merciful Jesus blessed and signed by Saint John Paul II.
Featured speakers include Msgrs. Montoya, Charles Chaffman and Lorenzo Miranda; Fathers Samuel Ward, Juan Vélez, Maksym Podhajski, Carlos Blanco, Nivardo Quezada, John-Paul Gonzalez and George Bobowski; and Louis Velasquez.
English- and Spanish-language presentations and bilingual Masses will be offered. Auxiliary Bishop Alexander Salazar will preside at the 10:30 a.m. Mass on Sept. 14.
Donations of $35/individual or $35/couple are requested. Information: (323) 393-4144 or www.divinemercy.opoka.org.
More from this section:
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women to host Marian Mass at the cathedral
- Catholic scouting to celebrate 90th religious emblem presentation
- LA County Department of Mental Health hosts faith-based Advocacy Council meeting
- LMU opens new art exhibit featuring student work
- Sony Pictures Television chairman to speak at LMU commencement