At St. Mary Magdalen: A golden celebration
Classmates of St. Mary Magdalen School on the west side of Los Angeles from 1955 to 1964 celebrated their 50-year reunion on June 21.
Joining in the dinner celebration in the school hall were current principal Nuria Gordillo and Father Aloysius Ezecnyeka, pastor, while current students provided a tour of the school.
Those in attendance were (back row, from left) Judy Sher, Carthel Davidson, Greg Strangis, Darlene Schaber Babler, Michael Mackey and Robert Clack; (middle row) Michael Hill, Rene Cortez, Jeri Ann Trescony Barger, Monica Greco, Diane Sakellaris Lapa, Maria Pigati Vestal, Robert Jarrett and Timothy Ryan; (front row) Thomas Greco, Susan Godachy Betouliere, Richard (Dick) Tennant and their fifth and sixth grade teacher, Marian Stuckey (formerly Sister Mary Timothy).
The class’ eighth grade teacher (who also served as superior and principal of St. Mary Magdalen School) was Sister Mary Catherine Labouré, today known as Sister Jane Kelly. She is currently engaged in the ministry of prayer at the Presentation Motherhouse located in San Francisco.
For more on the reunion, see www.smm50.org.
More from this section:
- Immaculate Heart students serve up nutrition for annual event
- Greater Los Angeles residents wrap gifts for impoverished children
- St. Monica partners with Westside Coalition for homeless memorial service
- Fair Trade LA celebrates its 10 year anniversary
- Annual ‘Pray for a Cure’ Mass held to end cancer