One Life LA launches
One Life LA, designed as a catalyst for encouraging and celebrating a passion for life among all people, will offer introductory meetings as follows: Aug. 16 at Blessed Junípero Serra Church, Camarillo (10 a.m.-noon), and Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Santa Barbara (2-4 p.m.); Aug. 18 at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Northridge (7-9 p.m.); and Aug. 20 at St. Therese Church, Alhambra.
A major, family-oriented event will take place on Jan. 17, 2015. One Life LA is cosponsored by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Dioceses of Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego and Fresno, and the Knights of Columbus. More information will be presented in the weeks ahead.
More from this section:
- Changing the ending: Striving for Catholic school growth in the 21st century
- Teaching is about ‘living your faith daily,’ says Catholic school educator
- Local religious mark jubilee anniversaries, close Year of Consecrated Life
- Expectation, faith and protection at San Miguel
- Nativity Elementary serving South Central for more than 90 years