Catholic Family Conference set July 25-26
Nearing its silver anniversary year, the 2014 Catholic Family Conference will be held July 25-26 at the Ontario Convention Center.
Father Ed Benioff, director of the archdiocesan Office of New Evangelization, will be among the featured speakers. Others include Terry Barber, founder of St. Joseph Communications, the Catholic Resource Center and Lighthouse Catholic Media; Jesse Romero of On Fire Evangelization; Doug Barry, founder of the Radix Catholic apostolate; Matthew Arnold of Pro Multis Media; Katie Warner of Catholics Come Home; Ed Vizenor of Wisdom Productions; and Dr. Carol Younger, senior fellow of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology.
Presented by the Catholic Resource Center, the conference began in 1990 and is now held in other U.S. cities as well as Ontario. Activities for families and youth are available. A gala dinner will be held July 25, 6-9 p.m.
Registration is $20 per family or $10 for individuals. Information: www.catholicRC.org or (877) 526-2151.
More from this section:
- COUNTED: ‘Heartbreaking’ homeless numbers on Skid Row
- 2016 History Essay Contest open to Catholic students
- Changing the ending: Striving for Catholic school growth in the 21st century
- Teaching is about ‘living your faith daily,’ says Catholic school educator
- Local religious mark jubilee anniversaries, close Year of Consecrated Life